20 February 2015

Feature & Follow #2: The debate is over Fantasy or Realistic books!



Hello fellow bloggers and blog readers,



It's Friday and it's time to have another feature and follow blog post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View.









What is Feature and Follow Friday?

In simple words- to gain more followers either via GFC or Bloglovin'. So the very idea of having this feature and follow meme is to collect more new bloggers on the block and to make new blogger friends as well as followers. It is a great idea which was started out by Alison and  Rachel. Three Cheers for those two masterminds!

So How does it Works?

  • Follow the Featured Bloggers on their blogs
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, please return the courtesy by following them back. Spread the Love...and the followers
 This Week's Question:

 Do you like fantasy or realistic books? - Suggested by The Realm of Books

 I like reading bit of both kinds. Reality books are good for giving us an idea how we should handle it with a new perspective, and sometimes as we know that reality can be bit harsh or rather say sucks, then we definitely need to escape it, and according to me, fantasy books are the best route to escape the harshness of reality. Fantasy is not only for escaping but it can also help us to see and believe in those things which the general mass doesn't believe in. Moreover, fantasy gives us a wide dimension and horizon to build up our own universe and realistic books help us to tackle the social, personal and political dilemmas in that universe.


                                                                                                                                                                                              So according to me, reading a bit of both will be good for balance in our lives. But if I be too
honest, then I must say, I love to read fantasy books more than those realistic ones. My favorite YA fantasy series are Divergent series by Veronica Roth and Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling. 

  Divergent is all about strength and making your own choices and also it tells us how being a girl, we can rule one whole dynasty and if it requires, we will not be scared to stand upfront and lead it. Taking control of our lives- that's what I learnt from Divergent.

Harry Potter is all about love, family and friends, and it teaches us how we need to respect each and every one around us, and how we need to protect those we love, like Professor Snape. 





What about you folks? Which one do you like the most- Realistic books or Fantasy books?


This is a Blog Hop!




You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 6 days, 21 hrs, 31 min (2/26/2015 8:36 PM North America - Central Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...

 


 

17 comments:

  1. Hi! Great post. Fantasy all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I look at these books then I do love fantasy but when I count the books that I have read, I find that I have read more realistic than fantasy. :)
    New GFC follower


    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment! I'm following you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting our blog!
    New follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantasy novels are a great escape and I think they tend to stay with us more. Saying that though, personally I tend to read more reality based fiction as I prefer it more.

    New GFC follower xx

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree. I like a good balance of realistic and fantastical reads. My favorite genre is absolutely Fantasy but it's nice to add a Contemporary novel here and there. I've been really enjoying some more realistic books lately and I think it may be because I read a little too much Fantasy for awhile.

    Happy FF! New GFC follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that balance is good, but I definitely lean WAY to the fantasy side! Haha! New follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Balance is always good, but I definitely like fantasy more. I think that UF does a great job of providing that.
    New GFC follower.
    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/feature-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Divergent and Harry Potter. I believe they are books everyone should read at least once.New GFC follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely like to escape reality with fantasy books!
    New GFC follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fantasy!! I love imagining all these places and people that could never exist in our world. (:

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harry Potter is my all time favourite too! Fantasies are for sure ftw! :)
    Azee @ UnderCover Critique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    And that's a great answer! The Divergent series and Harry Potter series are great examples of why fantasy is awesome!

    I'm your newest follower!

    J.B. Kantt :)
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! I'm nominating you for a Versatile Blogger Award. The rules are listed here: http://linzthebookworm.blogspot.com/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html.

    ReplyDelete

  15. thanks for sharing the information with us it was very informative Dream

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!